Local Produce & Products Goals
You might think a small town like Llangollen cannot produce very much, but once you consider the area round about there is a terrific range of farming and food products, and light industry. The Local Produce & Products Goals are being tackled by Gill Thomas of the Llangollen Country Market and Catherine Veasey representing the Chamber of Trade and the Wholefood Co-Op working closely with the Hospitality & Community pair.
- Maintenance of an up to date register of locally produced goods and producers within the natural hinterland of the town
- Organisation of events and training to raise public awareness and appreciation of local cultural and artistic
traditions and skills
- Policies to encourage and provide space for farmers and organic markets
- Policies to increase awareness of good food and nutrition
- Educational programmes to encourage and support organic, traditional and sustainable farming
- Policies to preserve and support unique local foodstuffs
- Policies to encourage organic farming and the independent quality certification of produce and products
- Initiatives to create awareness of traditional foodstuffs
- Policies to protect and support goods and produce that represent local traditions
Goal 1 is well on track we already have an impressive amount of data on businesses with a 20 mile radius of Llangollen. In due course we’ll publish it here.